Protecting New York Businesses From Employee Lawsuits
Business owners and managing directors in New York, are you confident that your employment policies will stand the test of a court challenge, in the event an employee sues for a violation of workplace rights?
As an experienced New York employment law attorney, I have successfully represented numerous business clients involved in disputes with workers. I apply my hands-on experience to review business employment manuals and policies to help manage risks.
What Are Some Issues That May Be Uncovered?
When I draft or review employment policies and manuals, I go beyond the obvious practices that can lead to accusations of harassment and discrimination. I am a lawyer who understands how New York courts are likely to interpret policies and management actions.
Common issues that employers overlook but often result in litigation include:
- Hiring practices and job postings
- Requirements for internal promotions and special assignments
- Reasonable accommodations for disabled or workers in a special class, ADA issues
- Correct classification as exempt (salaried) or nonexempt (hourly) compensation
- Proper documentation for demotion or termination
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) wage and hour laws
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regulations
- Health insurance and New York workers’ compensation coverage and dispute process
Contact Me Today
Don’t make any assumptions about your employment policies and workplace practices. Protecting your business from employment lawsuits makes good financial sense. Call me at 646-698-8752 or fill out the email contact form with a brief description of the legal services you need.